How to keep your business food safe during COVID-19 pandemic
This is a difficult time for everyone and we want to support where we can at Pinnacle HospitalityConsulting.
According to the World Health Organization the best way to combat the virus is frequent hand-washingand social-distancing.
What is social-distancing? According to Wikipedia it is:
‘Social distancing is a set of nonpharmaceutical infection control actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a contagious disease. The objective of social distancing is to reduce
the probability of contact between persons carrying an infection, and others who are not infected, so as to minimize disease transmission’
This does not mean staying at home all day, or closing your doors (yet) nor does it mean continuing your life as normal, unfortunately.
Take these immediate actions today to keep your team members, customers and business safe:
1) More frequent sanitization of high-risk surfaces with hospital grade cleaning solvents
· Think surfaces like door knobs, railings and handles. Sanitize frequently
· Use a timer and specify job role clarity so no area is missed
2) Increased hand washing for all employees, minimizing direct contact
· Post extra hand-washing reminders for team members
· Encourage hand-washing and wearing of gloves where and when needed
· Offer hand-sanitizer when hand-washing isn’t easily available and as another layer of protection
3) Instructing employees to stay home if they have any symptoms or have traveled recently.
· Ensure your team is taking pre-cautions and feel comfortable working under these new guidelines and fully understand how to minimize transmission
4) Ensure all team members have their food safety requirements by local laws
· Food safety is critical during this time and ensuring your team has the right training will put them and your customers at ease, while following standards in your café or restaurant